Moore State Bank Building
Chartered in 1923, Arrowhead Bank originally opened its doors for business as the Moore State Bank. In 1963, A.W. Moursund, a life-long Hill Country resident, attorney and judge purchased controlling interest in the Llano bank. At the time, the bank had deposits totaling nearly $4,000,000 and approximately $660,000 in capital, surplus, and undivided profits.
Moore State Bank later became First Llano Bank, and in 1992, upon the acquisition of the branch in San Saba, became Arrowhead Bank. In 1996, Arrowhead Bank opened a branch in Horseshoe Bay to bring the number of bank offices to three, and the bank’s newest branch opened in Fredericksburg in early 2001. Arrowhead Bank now holds approximately $150,000,000 in deposits and $18,000,000 in capital, surplus and undivided profits.
Judge Moursund believed that banks must have friendly, helpful and cooperative employees. He always felt that customers benefit from a personal relationship with their local banker. Upon the introduction of Internet banking in 2001, Judge Moursund was excited with the opportunity Arrowhead Bank has to further personalize our service to new and existing customers, wherever they may reside. It was his belief that locally owned and operated banks such as Arrowhead Bank, would continue to be an asset to their respective communities in spite of the growing presence of large banking chains and burgeoning technology.
As we begin our 95th year of providing sound, solid banking services and innovative products to the Texas hill country, we are happy to introduce several new online banking features, including mobile banking. Now our customers are able to take Arrowhead Bank with them, regardless of where they may be or what time they may need us.